West Yellowstone Weather & Roads (Monday, April 21, 2014): Today, mostly sunny, with a high near 57F and low tonight around 35F. Tuesday, chance of showers increasing thorughout the day with a high near 56F and low cooling down to 28F. Wednesday, cooler with a chance of showers, cooler with a high around 39F and low near 23F. The chance of showers remains each day throughout the remainder of the week, but warming to highs in the upper 40s and lows near freezing. Be prepared for changing weather as your travel through Yellowstone Country.
Roads are now open from the West Gate at West Yellowstone to Old Faithful and Mammoth.
- Yellowstone: The road between the North and Northeast entrances is open to auto travel all year long. It provides access to Mammoth Hot Springs and Cooke City, Montana. Interior park roads from the West are now open to motorized travel north to Mammoth and to Old Faithful. Call 307-344-2117 for road updates. The Beartooth Pass is closed. Call 511 from your cell phone to check on the status of other roads outside the park.
Spring Opening Dates:
- April 18: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 2: Canyon to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Lake is one mile south of Fishing Bridge).
- May 9: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower to Tower Fall.
- May 23: Tower Fall to Canyon (Dunraven Pass); Beartooth Highway.
Grand Teton National Park ROADS:
The Teton Park Road will open to vehicle traffic on Thursday, May 1, 2013.
Grassy Lake Road in the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway is currently closed to all vehicles and will remain so from April 1 to May 31, due to springtime grizzly bear activity.